SCLYN BBQ Pie Baking Contest
2019 South County BBQ Cook-off
Pie Contest Rules
Welcome & thank you for your interest in participating in the 11th annual South County BBQ Cook-off. The event will be Saturday, September 21, 2019. Your involvement will go along way in “Loving thy neighborhood” by helping support our schools, fire departments and families in need. Below you will find the rules, costs and meeting/event schedule.
- Your pie is to have a name
- You can pick up your pie pan for your pie at Birky’s Country Market @ 205 South Main Street, Kouts Bring your baked Cherry pie to Porter County Fair Grounds Cattle Barn by 1:30 PM on 9/21/19.
- Judging will take place at 2:00 pm and the scoring will be as follows:
- Crust = 20 points
- Filling = 20 points
- Texture & Consistency = 20 points
- Taste = 40 points
- Highest score will be the recipient of the new traveling “golden server” trophy
- The event will last from 3-6 pm. Your excess pieces of pie will be used as dessert for the cook-off event. If you would like to make an extra pie for the event it would be greatly appreciated.
- Each entry is welcome to have a representative at a pre-event meeting at Birky’s Market & Bakery in downtown Kouts on 8/27/19 at 7:30 PM.
- The cost for each pie entered is $15. These funds are used to pay for the pans and the rest is donated to the South County funds to be dispersed among Kouts School, Morgan School, Kouts Fire Department, Morgan Fire Department and an amount set aside for families with emergencies throughout the next year.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 219-309-5090. Please fill out the form below and send with your $15 check to South County Love Your Neighborhood by the event date.
South County BBQ Cook-off
Pie Entry Form – Cherry Pie
City, State, Zip:______________________________________
Please remit this completed form along with $15 to:
South County Love Your Neighborhood
C/O Chris Birky
527 East State Road 8
Kouts, IN 46347
Please bring your pie(s) to the Porter County Fair Ground’s Cattle Barn by 1:30 PM on September 21, 2019.